Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So I got on Lindy for the first time today. Of course I waited until the gale force winds picked up so that the arena was extra spooky. Lindy wouldn't want to waste calories on an actual spook fortunately, so a few ear twitches and a higher than normal head were the extent of it. (where is all this wind coming from though?!?)

I had the mounting block pulled up beside her and was tapping on the saddle and such, then I reached my left foot into my stirrup...and the spot my left foot vacated was immediately filled by a certain black cat. Lindy then curled her neck around to look at Charlie...although did not move a single hoof...so I aborted the attempted mounting and instead we chased Charlie out of the arena.

So then I went back and this time got all the way on...and then Charlie comes in making a bee line for the mounting block. I wasn't worried about what Lindy would do if Charlie just jumped on the mounting block...but I was worried he may take it further than that and really did not want to be doubling with a cat! Fortunately she listened to my requests to walk off and poor Charlie was left on the mounting block alone crying his woes....better him crying his woes than me crying "Whoa"!

Rode Brie outside after that thinking the wind would take the bugs away...I was wrong. This is some super brand of mosquitoes with super stick legs. Nasty! Bug spray highly recommended if we ride outside this week.

Karen

No comments: