Tuesday, June 21, 2011

back on grass

I decided to let the horses go back on grass today. Ideally the grass would have been left for a day or two to dry and grow before putting the horses back out, but I thought they needed a break from the mud, and the paddocks will dry better without hooves digging them up.

First to go out was Shawn and Magnus. I led them both together, but decided to let Shawn loose first, figuring he was just going to put his head down to eat right away...nope! Off he went with a buck and a fart up the hill! This of course got Magnus excited, so I waited for him to calm down before letting him loose, but off he went doing laps around Shawn, doing his best Black Stallion impersonation!

Percy and Kokanee weren't much better...both tore off at a mad gallop. You would think they had been stuck in a tiny cell for the last week rather than a decent sized pen!

The fillies on the other hand were well behaved and set straight to eating as soon as they got into their pen.

I will have to coat myself in bug spray to go get them though...

oh, and be prepared for MUDDY horses.

Karen

No comments: