Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In or Out?

It looks nice outside. I want to teach outside, but they keep hovering over me with a risk of thunder storms Today, tomorrow and Thursday! I don't really want to build two courses, but I may have to...stupid weather that keeps changing.

This week in lessons I am working to help rider's find a connection with their horse, both on the flat, and to an extent over jumps. Advanced riders will work on an "In Hand" release, which keeps a connection to the mouth in the air, but does not pull back or overly restrict the horse. This requires the rider to make sure their balance is independent from their hands. The easiest way to learn to do this is to jump an obstacle that requires the rider to turn in the air, so that is what advanced riders will do.

The beginner/intermediate jumpers will work on selecting the most appropriate length of crest release for the jump in front of them and switching between short and long releases as needed.

I am also optimistic we can have a fun show Saturday afternoon. I am thinking 1ish. Class list and info will be posted in the barn. Classes are $1 each. let me know if you can come or can help out!

I am also looking for entries and for volunteers for Ride for Red which is coming up! Info in the barn or check out: http://www.rideforred.webs.com/

Entry forms can be downloaded right from the website!

Karen

No comments: