Sunday, July 5, 2009

New Horse(s)!

We had a new arrival yesterday...and he made sure to make his presence known with the ladies; he spent the first hour or so prancing around showing off the the mares on the other side of the alley and making lots of noise. The mares were fascinated. Pete is a dark bay gelding, with a big white face, hind sock/stocking and some white on his neck/jowl. Very neat colouring. He is here for some finishing work and to be introduced to dressage. We will also be working on is catchability as he is a little sceptical of being caught.

Kaitlin also brought her new gelding down to the arena so I could meet him. He is a very pretty bay and he makes Kaitlin look tiny! He is close to 16.3 hands, but also quite thick in his body; definately a warmblood. He looks like a nice athletic horse, that just needs some consistent work and training. It is odd to see Kaitlin on such a big horse! She sure has a nice string of potential jumpers now!

If anyone knows someone looking for a fairly cheap TB mare, started under saddle and nicely built, albeit small at only 15.2 hands, I have been contacted by a lady I know who has one needing a new home. THe owner has some health issues and was taken advantage of by a trainer (who took her money and didn't do the training) and I would like to help her out. I hope to find the time to go look at the mare and possibly free jump her in the next couple weeks.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope my handsome fellow has calmed down a bit for you Karen, he sure likes the ladies looking! Hopefully his mind will come around to work for you. He can be a bit of a pisser when it comes to haltering but not bad for a horse that was basically wild 3 years ago.

AND YOOHOO I can post comments now!

Hillside Stable said...

He actually came up to me in the paddock yesterday, so I have left the halter off of him. He wasn't as thrilled about coming in the barn though...too bad the rain came so soon as I would have liked to have some time in the outdoor arena with him, but I guess he will have to learn to appreciate the indoors now.

Karen