Monday, July 27, 2009

Fun in the Sun

The fun day at Hillside did end up being lots of fun, and the weather was great. A little warm, but manageable.

The horse's competing in the ridden obstacle course class didn't appreciate the pool noodles at all, so they are going to stick around for desensitizing work. Poor Fancy likely had nightmares last night of the noodle chasing her!

Hans was hilarious in his classes; seeing a 16.2 hand baby do the equine version of the limbo to get under the "walk under" rope was something I wish I had taken a picture of! the big goof just wants to please.

I had a blast on Rocky too. He was oddly bucky in the barrel racing, but loved the jumping. He hasn't jumped or even been ridden english since last summer, so I wasn't sure how he would be, but he seemed to be happy to be back jumping and we were unbeatable over fences...if only "real" shows had my weird classes....

It was great to have everyone who participated help in the set up and in the clean up afterwards. It was also great of Rob to come out and Barbeque for lunch! It was fun for me to be able to participate in the fun rather than just coordinate it all, so thanks for everyone who helped out so that I didn't have to do all the work. I wish I had arranged a photographer though, as there were some great moments I wish we had caught on film.

Sam ended up as Champion with Chance and Magic. Sara was Reserve Champion with Fancy. Amanda and Ri tied with Christine and Hans/Bliss for Reserve Reserve Champion.

Karen

No comments: