Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot.....

Hot...way too hot. One or two days of hot i can deal with, but this is too much! Rob and I beat the heat a little by going canoeing this afternoon; it felt nice to be out on the water, although the life jacket got a little warm. It was our first trip out with the canoe, and I was a little nervous, so of course Rob had to rock the boat on purpose saying I "would need to get used to it just in case." Huh? You guys are lucky I don't teach using that same theory: "for your first lesson I am going to put you on a horse that bucks/rears/bolts so that you get used to it just in case..."

We went to Elk Island for our first outing; I had fun. We saw a variety of birds, bugs and plant life. I did see three fish...sadly though only one of the three was alive. I also saw a bunch of snails and Leeches! There was also these green blobs either floating in the water or attached to plants. i thought they were just balls of algea, but when I picked on up, I found it was a lump of clearish green goo! Water boogers! It felt really neat as it didn't fall apart, just rolled around in my hand. No idea what it was, but hopefully it doesn't turn out to be toxic.

It is supposed to cool down a bit tonight and possible rain, but we still plan to go ahead with the fun tomorrow, so please come on out to ride!

Karen

No comments: