Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I finally received the theraputic ultra sound I ordered. I tried it on myself first...on the medium setting. I maybe felt something but not sure...at the very least it didnt' hurt, which is what i wanted to ensure before trying it on Coregel's hind leg.

The treatment lasts for 10 minutes a day...which isn't that long, but seems like forever when you are bent over beside a very restless 2 year old's hind leg! After the treatment she needs to be wrapped in a tight support wrap (which she HATES) and then handwalked for 10 minutes. Hand walked! Finally! Seems like forever since she went on stall rest.

Started off just walking her down the alley. She was like a kid at Disneyland for the first time...everything looked so exciting and new, but she would just start to look at one thing when the next thing would catch her eye/ears! I tried walking her a bit in the arena, but she heard Natalie drop something in the barn (not even loudly!) and that was far too exciting and involved leaping and bounding...and wrenching my arm...so back to the barn. next time; chain shank.

Hopefully the novelty of actually getting out to walk wears off soon and she settles in to the new routine. Lana will be out to check her on Tuesday and we will see how she is doing. Fingers crossed!

I have also managed to get most of the horses dewormed this week; only a few more to do. This Equimax smells nice, but the horses don't seem to appreciate it much. So far Piper, Coregel, Zander and Flair have been the easiest to deworm.

Karen

No comments: