Sunday, October 31, 2010

Comings and goings...

Sailor and Tucker are back for the winter! Sailor is back in his usual stall, and this year Tucker gets to be in the barn too. He doesn't seem to be so sure about it though...and has quite a high pitched whinny.

Lily and Kokanee will be moving in to the barn starting tomorrow...it was nice having only three stalls to clean for a while, but also good to have the barn more full for the winter.

Calvin left today to go back to Grand Prairie for the winter...we are hoping more time off will help him recover from whatever happened to him this summer. Apparently they got rid of the tail chewing goats, so hopefully his tail recovers fully too.

Triton and Christine left on Saturday, so one less black and white pinto around the place. We look forward to seeing them at shows next year though!

.....
I took Ginger for a walk in Sherwood Park today. We walked around Clarkdale Meadows checking out the rather impressive Halloween decorations...and one house that was already decorated for Christmas...

City folk take their dogs to the country for a treat, but to a country dog, the intense smells of the city and all the sights and sounds...and the paved bike path...all heaven. She was a little peeved when I wouldn't let her chase a bunny. I tried to tell a toddler that Ginger was really a kid dressed up in a really good costume.

I was surprised a little by how early teens were out tricker treating. I could see little kids out by 6pm, but teens? I was also shocked by the teen girls in rather slutty costumes. Seriously? Walking door to door in the dark in slutty outfits? Short skirts, fishnet stockings, overdone makeup. To parties...maybe acceptable. Trick or treating? Dangerous.

When I was young, I don't even remember going tricker treating past elementary school, so maybe that was why my costumes were so tame. I remember dressage up as Santa, as a cat, and as a horse. I liked the horse costume the best of course. I made costumes designed to be able to be warm...it seemed that we were more likely to have snow on Halloween back then.

Of course we don't get any tricker or treaters out here on the farm...doesn't stop me from stocking up on candy though!

Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to calvin?

Christine K. said...

ha, chance are, the girls in the slutty costumes dress like that everyday, and its only sherwood park so they're safe =/

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask too...what happened to Calvin? He looked like such a happy guy :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask too...what happened to Calvin? He looked like such a happy guy :)