Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ride For Red coming up!

The Ride for Red horse show is only a week away...do you think it is possible that this weather can hold for that long?

I already have a few entries: http://rideforred.webs.com/entrylist.htm

Also looking for volunteers to do things such as:
1- concession
2- Jump Crew
3- in gate (must be able to yell)
4- Timer
5- Ribbon presenter
6- Clean/pack up and go home crew.

Volunteering is a good way to learn about horse shows, to make showing less boring for parents/siblings, and a way to get a reference on a resume for eventual job searches so you don't have to make up stuff. Part day or all day is fine.

This year I am planning to mail the prize money out, unless people want to donate it back to the show. I think this will make it less hectic for me, so the show office can more or less manage itself.

Let me know asap if you want to enter or volunteer!

Karen

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I can be the timer! I did that last year for the first show.

Michelle said...

We're going to miss the show! BOO!

It's Warrior's Endurance riding debut on Saturday...all that conditioning after his ligament tear started to make me think we should have a goal...so I got him ready for Endurance. We're doing 25 miles on Saturday, and another 25 on Sunday, and if he recovers easily, we're trying 50 miles next month!

Good luck to all the riders and have fun, I loved the RfR show last year!

Karen, when you bought your Baines saddle, who did you go through?

Hillside Stable said...

When I bought my Baines, I went through Victoria Saddlery, although I did the "fitting" myself, and dealt with Frank directly for that. They just had to sell/ship it to me via a dealer. Tudor is now a dealer though.

Good luck at the Endurance riding!

Thanks Jessie; you're hired!