Monday, January 16, 2012

Yep, it is winter

Good timing coming back from Hawaii Laureen ;)

I just came in from giving the horses their noon "cold weather" extra feeding. I think poor Brassy was hoping i was coming to bring her in, but the other horses seem happy enough out there. I think some of them are enjoying the snow and being able to gallop a bit, and take nice rolls in the fluffy whiteness. They seem to be able to see a bright side to the cr@ppy weather.

It didn't seem so bad this morning, but with the sun comes the wind it seems, and now that windchill is a real PITA. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is what is needed to kill the pine beetle...that is the bright side.

Not sure what will happen with lessons. Not sure people should be driving more than they have to out in the cold, but it is just a short walk for me, so I am ok teaching...although I think the -30 they have forecast for tomorrow is pushing it if you are riding an outside boarded horse.

Not sure what I am going to do about exercising Jetta this week; she hates the cold and will be running in her goofy way and then stop and be three legged lame because a foot got cold...she is way too heavy to carry! Both her and Ginger insisted on riding on the Mule with me to take out the manure...which did make the trip warmer, albeit a little crowded. Perhaps I will have to create a doggy jumping course in the barn..or even better, teach her how to vacuum....

Stay warm and stay safe on the roads!

Karen

No comments: