Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Makes me think

I got a very disturbing email from my mom last night; at 11:30 am yesterday, her house was robbed. Yes, in broad daylight, with people out and about. The across the street neighbour saw the truck driving slowly down the street and pull into her driveway, and carry out a TV, but as she didn't see an actual break in, police weren't immediately dispatched...but she was able to give the police a good description of the truck.

All that was damaged was the door jam, and all that was taken was some emergency cash and the big flat screen TV (they took the remote, but not the charger for the remote even though it was sitting IN the charger).

Now this would have freaked me out a LOT, but my mom is just grateful that they didn't take any of her jewelry, in particular the last set my dad gave her, as she knows how hard it was to even go out of the house by that point.

I think I am more pissed off than she is; I guess when you lose someone you love, it puts losing material objects in perspective.

(but if anyone sees a want ad for a TV remote charger let me know..)

Karen

2 comments:

Pseudonym said...

That sounds like someone who knows her. Does she have a paper boy, lawn maintenance/snow removal crew? Usually daytime break-ins are done through the garage door and are done by chance when the crook's garage door opener matches the frequency of the door.

Incidently, my parents were in the shoot out in Mesa at the Fry's parking lot yesterday. Apparently a busy parking lot in the middle of the day was a good place for the police to do a drug bust...
Thankfully, they are okay. They were getting into their truck when the shooting started.
The world is getting scary!

Hillside Stable said...

Her garage isn't connected to the house so they can't break in that way. Someone actually saw the theifs, so not someone familiar. I guess they are getting brave.

Scary being anywhere near a shoot out!