Wednesday, October 5, 2011

This week in lessons

This week in lessons we are doing a little work on getting a better/more forward trot by using trot poles spaced far enough apart you have to push a bit to get the right number of steps. Some of you will canter the poles as well.

For jumping I have a little grid set up, that I am altering a bit depending on riding level and the horses in the lesson. The grid is set a little forward, so working on the idea of releasing and using leg to encourage the horse to go forward and across the jumps.

Oh, and if anyone wants a very sweet but small Thoroughbred filly, I met the most charismatic little 3 year old today at the track...only 15.1 hands or so, but I bet she would make a nice little hunter down the road!

And if you want to shorten your commute to the barn, our neighbour's house is again for sale. Nice 3 bedroom house that has been completely updated (husband is a carpenter), with 3 acres. I don't recall the asking price, but it seemed reasonible when they told it to me.

Karen

No comments: