Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I actually got the evening off teaching...which made it hard for me to understand that today was Tuesday and not Monday.

Rob and I spent much of the weekend at the race track horse shopping, and with winterizing the barn, as it seems cold weather is on the way. No horses were bought, but a few leads that I will be following up this week. Race horses have such small heads when I compare with Coregel!

Lessons this week are on turning and using the eyes. It is a fun exercise I am going to call Spirograph. Hopefully a few of you are old enough to remember Spirograph. If today was any indication, we may be doing this exercise next week too...

We also had a visitor to the arena today...I thought it was someone's dropped plastic toy...until it moved! Apparently a wandering Tiger Salamander thought the arena looked fun. I took him out a few times, but he kept coming back, so I finally took him out back a bit...hopefully he finds a more suitable winter home. It felt pretty cool on my hand. Very light and quick on his (her?) little legs.

Karen

No comments: