Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jumping with Dale Irwin

I finally downloaded and uploaded some video from the clinic last weekend!

Video of Brie and I jumping. This was the first time I have jumped her since November due to my neck injury. She is such a great horse. She got a lot of comments on how lovely she is and was mistaken for a warmblood by a few people. Students, please note how I hold my outside rein to keep her straight into the corners and to not allow her to drop in for her lead changes. The ring was only 60 feet wide, so the turns came up fast, but it is a good habit to always ride your horse straight after the jumps so they can be balanced for the lead change and you give yourself as much room as possible to set up to the next jump.

I can't wait to get the dressage video to show you some of the exercises we worked on.

Karen

No comments: