Monday, December 27, 2010

Didn't get what you wanted this Christmas? Have no fear, I have the perfect gift you can get for yourself...a tea cup piglet! I suppose their upside is that they don't shed or claw the furniture. Aside from that they seem an odd pet choice.

For Christmas I got a sick horse and a kick to the head. It was great. Oh, I also got a really nice camera from Rob, and a lovely necklace from my parents. Wait...come to think of it, Dexter gave me the camera...(I think he wants to make sure he doesn't get sent for glue seeing as he is not rideable any time soon). The cats gave me an Air Purifier, and Ginger gave me things for the CRV.

Ginger got TWO balls for Christmas. One squeaks. And squeaks. And squeaks. Ginger can make it squeak in the most pitiful manner if you opt to not throw it for her or want her to stop squeaking it for a while....it may have to be banned from the house.

Poor Rob had all sorts of plans for the week, but it looks like he is stuck helping me in the barn during the times Natalie is not out until I am fully functional again. We were both thrilled to spend most of the morning/afternoon in the hospital. Apparently neck injuries get you in fast though. I think it helped that I wore a turtleneck too, as I had to take it off to get the neck brace on, and so of course I needed to be in a room, and I think once you are in a room they want you out of that room as soon as possible. Or maybe it was because I smelled like a barn and likely had bad morning breath too....

I saw irony in the nurse having to drip Children's Motrin into my mouth via a syringe...it even smelled a little like bute. Although I always offer the horse's a treat after being given bute...the nurse did not!

Thanks to Nicole, Laureen and Carolyn (tamara's mom) for helping out today!

And the sick horse seems to be getting better, so fingers crossed for her too. It doesn't seem like anything contagious, just some odd, albeit mild, symptoms....that of course had to show up on Christmas morning. I am sure Lana (our vet) was thrilled to hear from me on Christmas day!

I hope you all had a great Christmas though!

Karen

No comments: