Monday, December 13, 2010

Wow, it is actually looking like it might be warm for the Hillside Christmas Party on Saturday! That would be nice for a change...

Went to Rob's work Christmas party on the weekend. I like dressing up, but hate the late nights, particularly with Flair needing medication that takes a fair bit of time to give at night. It is just no fun staying up late when I have to be up before 7 each morning. Fortunately Rob has a cold so didn't want to stay late for this one, so we had planned to be home at a decent time...but the company held us hostage with the lure of door prizes! Not not just any door prizes, they had big screen TVs, a fancy Bar-B-Que, Blue Ray players and so on... and they dragged out the draws....draw a few tickets, then give some speaches. Draw a few more, then have some loud music playing for dancing (music from the 70's it seemed....). But the lure of the big ticket items held us captive even though I was pretty much falling asleep on Rob's shoulders. But did we win any of the 50+ door prizes? Nope...and neither did anyone at our table.

The most entertaining part of the evening was the eclectic mix of outfits; from people in jeans and a sweater, to the girl in a short black dress with BRIGHT PINK high heels. Then there was the girl with the veil. Who wears a veil? Looked cool, but out of place.

I escaped the music briefly by making a run to the ladies room...which I thought would be a nice quiet place, but this girl was having a very loud conversation while sitting in a stall, with two people at the sink...two people she apparently didn't even know! (she was complaining about the prize she won...she was bitter she won something before the TV's had been given out). I found the toilet talking very odd. Maybe she was trying to talk over whatever she was doing in the stall?

And it seems my Luminosity training to help with remembering names isn't helping so far...I only remembered 4 names from the party...unlike in the games, I can't really sit and just stare at someone for a minute to try to figure out how to remember their name. Fortunately I am unlikely to come across most of those people anytime soon! Still, I would like to be able to remember people's names as well as I do horse's names!

Karen

No comments: