Sunday, November 14, 2010

Road Trip!

I have been needing a vacation for a while now. A change of scene to refresh my mind. Rob and I talked about getting away this fall, but with his new work project, Mike's illness, and Coregel's stall rest, it just wasn't to be. So when Rob suggested a road trip to see his project in Hardisty, it sounded like it might be the closest thing to a vacation I might get! I planned to go on Saturday as Nat looks after barns and lessons, so I could leave right after hauling over a new training horse...I figured I could leave by 10 at the latest.

But the fates continued to be against my ever leaving the area; Natalie had the flu and wouldn't be able to work. I was not willing to give up so easily though, so I got up extra early to do barns, rebooked her lessons, picked up the new training horse (cute little arab named Embers...looks like Zander crossed with a Marshmallow), cleaned up quickly, loaded stuff to take (including Ginger) and was off before 11 am. Later than I thought, but I was determined to go!

We arrived at 1pm, which was perfect timing it seems, as Rob was able to take me on site to view the work while the men broke for lunch. It is an impressively large project. As far as I can tell they are building alien landing pads. (you can just barely make out round landing pads in this photo)

Some great toboggan hills around there too (poor Rob was showing me all the work they are doing and that was my comment...)



Ginger was both excited and confused to find Rob at the end of our drive!




We then went to lunch at a small town diner, complete with 5 old farts that look like they spend all day there nursing the same cup of coffee. My tomato noodle soup had carrots, onions and potatoes in it...but no noticeable noodles. I had to pick the potatoes out...I didn't think to ask if tomato noodle soup would have potatoes...now I know to ask...




Time was running out as I had to head home to do afternoon chores, but I got to see where Rob lives when away (not a bad place), and we checked out a touristy looking log general store...which offers things like Tarot Card reading, Rainshower massage, and Resonance Rebalancing.

I would have liked to have had time to take Ginger for a walk down by the lake, but it was time to head home.
So that was my vacation...go me.

Karen

No comments: