Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Busy times!

This has been a busy few days!

Saturday was the last of the year's Rookie horse shows at Maple Leaf Meadows. I really enjoy their shows, but it would be nice if more "intro to showing" barns came out to play so the classes could be more competitive! We had some lovely rounds on Saturday (even Zander almost looked like a hunter) and the ribbons would mean more if there was more competition. Hopefully I can post some of the pictures Laureen took of she show when I get some time/energy to go through them all!

MLM has another show this year: it is on the 21st of September, and features Dressage, Hunter and Jumper classes. As always, students are welcome to take lesson horses. This is a great warm up for anyone thinking of going to the Amberlea Harvest horse show at the end of the September.

Yesterday (Monday) was Clare Patershuk's memorial. It was held at the Artery in a kind of scary part of town, but a pretty cool venue that we found out meant a lot to Clare. The memorial was very emotional, and I learnt a lot about the other facets of Clare's life outside of horses. I hadn't planned to say anything at the Memorial, but after Clare's mom got up to talk, and I saw the rawness of her pain, it occurred to me that it didn't really matter what I had to say, but just that I say something...her parents need to know she mattered and still matters, and that hopefully the good memories and positive experiences can eventually shine brighter than the tragedy of her death.

Rob and I had to head home to feed the horses, but we both wish we could have stayed for the music. They had played one song about a Sway Backed Mule which was awesome, so I would have liked to hear more.

Remember this Saturday is going to be a barn get together/bar-b-q and soccer game! Hoping people can make it!

Karen

No comments: