Friday, August 2, 2013

Adventures in horse shopping...& texting

A text conversation Friday evening. Person texting in orange, I am in black.

"You guys coming?"
"?I am not sure who this is? do you have the right person?"
"Ill take an offer"
"Still confused"
"Ya. I am selling horse (name removed to protect the likely drunk). You should buy her"
"Oh that mare. we looked at her weeks ago. She was lame"
"No, She's good. Come get her and ill give you a deal that you can't resist"
"Ok, I am busy this weekend, but will see if I have a student interested. What are you asking for her now?"
"2300 (aka same price as before) but to a good home ill take a good offer if you promise to take care of her. She's a great horse"
"Is she at the same location?"
"Yup. For 5 more days"
"What happens in 5 days?"
"Sausage"

"Just kidding"

"Giving her to a friend that wants her. And she don't want to sell her after that"

"Ok, I will keep that in mind"

So...anybody want to buy a seemingly quiet middle aged mare that is fairly pretty, decent sized, but doesn't seem to have more than basic training? I actually did really like her...she was just trimmed really short after being neglected.

And just when I thought it was over...

"come grab her ill give you a deal"

Anyone feel that maybe all cell phones should have breathalyzers?

Karen



No comments: