Friday, October 5, 2012

Deworming

I think the last two nights count as a hard frost, so it is time to deworm for tapeworms and bots...yeah!

I have enough Quest Plus to do the barn, with the charge to deworm your horse being $20.00. If you wish to deworm your own horse with something suitable, just let me know and I will leave them for you to do.

This winter (January likely) I would like to do fecal exams (or rather pay the vet to do them) so we can deworm horses more appropriately. Some horses tend to carry more worms than others and need to be dewormed more often, while others may be fine being done twice a year. I think the cost of the fecal is $15.00 and will be interesting (I think), and if your horse is one of the low worm load horses, it means less money spent on dewormers and less toxins being pumped into their body.

I am hoping the two big bays turn out to be low worm load horses as they are SOOO much fun to deworm!

Also, I have the vet out next Wednesday if anyone needs anything done.

Karen

No comments: