Sunday, June 10, 2012

Maple Leaf Meadows

The Maple Leaf Meadows dressage show went great! I overdressed as I planned for cold and wet, but it was perfect show weather.

MLM is a nice facility, but even they had to make some adjustments for the wet weather, so our warm up ring ended up being a small patch of grass right beside the house...so nice of them to give up their lawn so we had somewhere safe to ride!

The horses behaved well, the rider's rode well and I look forward to going back in September. The only real glitch I suppose was the judge and scribe completely missing a score on one of my tests...and so the score keeper decided to just give a zero! I admit I stressed about it for a while until Laureen helped me deduce that the zero was written with the same pen as the scorekeeper and not that of the scribe or judge.

Many thanks to Janine who helped out and took pictures, to Laureen who hauled two of the horses, and to Rob who hauled and helped with Izzy. She appreciated having someone to scratch her!

Little Izzy definitely needs some show miles...dressage rings are scary! Shawn agreed, but settled down quickly. Gody and Wolfgang were both a little more spunky, but in their cases, that was a good thing!




No comments: