Saturday, April 21, 2012

You know you are old when...

You know you are old when:
- You spend your birthday taking care of medical appointments...and consider it a day well spent.
- When clothes shopping, your primary concern is comfort, and the models displaying the clothes have grey hair.
- You chief concern when considering getting some home renovations done is that you won't be able to nap while the work is being performed.
- You no longer see the point being tactful when being honest takes less time and less energy.
- You wear long underwear well into June...

Do  you realize when I grew up:
-K-way jackets were cutting edge and cool?
- Nobody had a cell phone. I got my first cell phone when I was in my 20s. ay phones were everywhere and cost a dime. Yet now I panic if I realize I have left home without my cell phone...
- Computers were new, printers were dot matrix, disks were floppy, and there was so such thing as spell check or "Word". I did my university essays on a type writer...
- I can remember when bus fares for kids were a quarter.
- Mini vans were a new and exciting invention...station wagons were the go to family car. SUVs weren't a thing yet. Fake wood paneling on the sides of station wagons was actually a thing. Because everyone wants a fake wood car.
- I spend much of my childhood without a microwave or a dishwasher.
- Our TV did not have a remote. Our garage door didn't either.
- There was a war between Beta and VCR. Fortunately our family sided with the winning side; VCR.
- Kids shoes did not have velcro.

Yep, I turned 39 yesterday.

Karen

No comments: