Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just when you think it is safe to get the winter blankets washed...snow returns to the forecast. Is it just me, or does it seem like the Mane Event weekend gets more than its share of nasty weather?

The rain will help the grass green up and grow though. Or at least I keep telling myself that.

This cold weather is also making for some nutty horses outside; the geldings seem to think it is great fun to run amok as soon as I start turning out, which makes getting Mag's halter off before he joins in lots of fun.

Yesterday was farrier day, and I came around the corner from turning Tango out to catch Spencer, what what do I see? Spencer and Rocket both grasping the same Jolly ball in their teeth. This in itself isn't that fascinating, but what made it more interesting was that Rocket's left front leg was right over Spencer's back. Of course they both just stared at me as if to say "What?". I really wish my glasses had a built in camera!

The mares are much more civilized. They just want access to the grass on the other side of the fence.

I have 2-3 spots still available in the Shelley Malbeuf dressage clinic for anyone interested; both private and semi private.

Karen

No comments: