Monday, March 19, 2012

RIP Jetta

We didn't have Jetta long, but she made a big impression and played a big role in my life. She woke me up in the morning by jumping on the bed and staring at Rob and I. She tried to help discourage the horses from pawing, and helped with the cat fitness program. She wanted to help encourage the horses in the arena too. She kept a close eye on me in the kitchen, and hogged the loveseat when watching TV. And at the end of the night she would time it so she could take my side of the bed before I could.

She also had the role of making me go for walks no matter how much my legs bugged me.

And she brought the puppy back out in Ginger. Well...perhaps more brought out the vicious dog in Ginger, but still, Ginger definitely found a more active side with Jetta around.

For Jetta's last day with us, I think she had a good time starting with a car ride which involved getting some bacon, and followed by much ball playing with Rob and I. Jetta wasn't so good at catching the ball..way too eager, but she didn't seem to mind as Ginger beat her to it 9 times out of 10. She just liked the thrill of running.

Rob took these great shots of the two dogs the weekend of the last Shelley clinic. I think they capture Jetta perfectly.

Thank you for the time we had Jetta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen and Rob,

I am heartbroken for you both. Jetta was absolutely delightful. She will be missed by everyone.

Wyneke