Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stupid weather...

First the weather scuttled plans to go to Still Meadows for jumping, and today it caused me to cancel the first of the two Ride for Red horse shows. We had all the jumps loaded on the trailer, and the prizes organized, but with the forecast being rain and thunder, we made a last minute decision to cancel.

It didn't even look that bad by 8am, so I was wondering if I made a wrong decision...but then we heard thunder at 9:15, and the rain came soon after...and wow we are flooded here! So the decision was the right one, but I really want to get out to a jumping show soon!

Hopefully it dries up enough so we can go to the Heads Up show, but we will have to see.

Thanks to everyone who planned to come out to help, and to Christine & Rob who braved the cold and rain to help me get the jumps organized to be loaded on the trailer.

So after calling, emailing, and texted everyone that the show was cancelled and doing chores, Rob and I went to brunch, and then went to Greenlands for some plants for our dug out. If you are brave enough to wade through the mosquitoes, check them out; they look really cool.

Karen

No comments: