Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cats are smart

I am typing this while dodging drool. Yes, Charlie the resident barn cat is in the house, on my lap, getting pet while I type this. Why is Charlie, the resident barn cat, in the house? Because he was afraid to come into the house, so of course I had to win his trust so he would feel safe in the comforts of our living space.

And I am not the only sucker. How many of you have spent time trying to convince Charlie or Rolo that it was safe to let you come near so you could pet them?

Yes, cats are smart...they make you feel special when the let YOU pet THEM. After all there really isn't much in it for you to pet the cat...other than drool, cat hair, and potentially cat claws. But yet they still manage to get us to spend the time convincing them to let us pet them.

I need to crack the secret to the cat manipulation so I can have people begging to give me money and cupcakes....unfortunately I am guessing drooling and shedding won't work.

Karen

No comments: