Thursday, May 26, 2011

This morning started with a nice visit from Janine. She helped me bring the boys up from the grass for the vet...they did not want to leave the grass as there was an absence of mosquitoes. Ginger tried to help too by barking at Dexter and S'Argent...and is lucky that she was able to avoid the equine karate kicks.

After the vet visit it was time to go to Amberlea; it was odd packing and loading for one. I missed having Clare with me. Maybe next year a few others will be ready to do the big shows too. It is more fun to show with company!

It has been so dry I thought Amberlea was finally free of its rain curse. Even though we had rain here, it wasn't enough to do more than keep the dust down, so I was surprised to see lots of mud and puddles everywhere. Once again standing water in the show ring...Brie is thrilled and was a little sucked back which affects my Freestyle timing, but now that I have done enough of the things I am not going to get so stressed over it.

I met some nice people that came from Manitoba for the show with some lovely horses. Seemed like quite a drive to come to Amberlea, so I hope they have a good show.

Fortunately it did not rain today, so setting up at the show went well, and we didn't have to jump without stirrups in lessons...I am sure it will rain again some week though!

Karen

No comments: