Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lessons Cancelled Today

Yikes! i have been lazy about posting on the blog! I think my creative side was damaged when I got kicked :(

Too cold today for lessons, and according to Rob, highway 16 on the way out here was pretty nasty this morning and I am thinking the snow falling now isn't going to help.

The horses seem happy enough though and are having fun playing in the deep snow. I just came in from giving them an extra flake of hay to help them stay warm; the mares just go over and eat quietly, whilst the boys warm up by chasing each other around in order to find the perfect flake...doofuses.

The marshmallows in instant hot chocolate do not last long enough; by the time the drink is cooled enough to drink they are gone..yet I still buy that kind. A few years back when I had a "real" job, I got some mass produced "home made" marshmallows at the office Christmas Party. At the time I thought "wow...how cheap" as there were only about a dozen of the things, but then I tried them....they created a gooey layer at the top of the hot chocolate and were so yummy....but I have never seen them in the stores. That is what I need today...gooey marshmallows on hot chocolate.

Stay warm and drive safe!

Karen

No comments: