Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This week in lessons

Well the Killerney show was fun with nice weather, but it was much bigger than I expected with over a hundred entrants on the Sunday! I was expecting to be home by 2pm, but we didn't roll home until after four!

Our next show is Maple Leaf the first weekend in July. Jumping on Saturday and dressage on Sunday. Let me know ASAP if you want to attend!

This week in lessons I am really hoping we can be outside! Janine helped me build a course today, and we will be working on adjusting strides and on getting in corners.

At the show they had some mud at the one end, so the jumps were all kind of squished at the top end so not a lot of room in the corners. The horses could see the approaching fence line and reacted by dropping a shoulder and turning early...which of course made getting on the correct lead and getting a good approach to the next jump difficult!

Karen

No comments: