Sunday, June 30, 2013

MLM Rookie Show!

The weather was lovely and we had a great time at the Maple Leaf Meadows Rookie show. I hope even more people can attend their August show.

We ended up taking Izzy, Wolfgang, Missy and Java.

Izzy was a last minute decision to bring, but I thought it would be good to get her out to more shows so she learns to relax. I think it worked as she went from high strung and nervous, to being moderately curious. I took her in the Senior poles class. Now, before you judge me, I entered "not to be judged" and restated that when I checked in, but they said "that's ok, you may as well be judged", so she was second and first. I thought she might spook at the trees on the standards, so I send her into a good canter, and away we went. It was pretty fun.

Wolfgang, Missy and Java all did great in the under saddle classes, and I think they all placed in the top 3 of their respective classes. Then they had a LONG wait, while the 20 peewee horses went in the their poles class...seriously, small children and ponies EVERYWHERE.

The 2 foot division didn't end up going until about 2 o'clock, but the three horses also  did well in that...however if is hard for big horses to win against cute little ponies! I think Wolf got a third and two fourths, and Java a second and a fifth, but don't quote me on that.

I was very happy with the show, and with how Hillside represented itself. I also appreciated Margie and Michelle coming out to help and to cheer us on!

Karen

No comments: