Sunday, September 21, 2014

The weekend!

Had a great time on the weekend! What lovely weather for horse stuff: On Saturday, Rob and I went to the Delaney Vet Services open house. I really enjoyed watching the Mounted Troops do their musical ride...in particular I liked the "tent pegging" at the end! If I wasn't sure I would stab myself or the horse with the lance/sword while mounting or dismounting I would love to try it! It seems Rob and I both got door prizes too...ironically we both got the same prize: hay cubes! I am sure the horses won't complain though.

On Sunday I spent the day judging an Open show for the Colchester Ag Society. Great weather, albeit a little windy and my hat kept wanting to blow off. Thanks to Sara for coming last minute to be ring master and scribe for the western dressage. Lots of riders at the show: over 70! Made for some chaotic moments, but overall went very well and they always seem to run a smooth show.

This week in lessons we will likely be inside as the sun is setting so early. I still need to come up with a lesson plan though! I miss being outside already...

Karen

No comments: