Monday, July 9, 2012

Yep, its hot out.

I want to throw something at the TV every time the weather person says 'beautiful weather forecast" or some such drivel. There is NOTHING nice about over 30 degree weather when you neither work, nor live in air conditioning. Add to that, the mosquitoes have finally made their appearance and the horses are looking rather lumpy.

During this stupid hot spell, I will be alternating who gets turned out on grass; the mares were out today, and the geldings will go out tomorrow. Just too hot to be doing that much walking! I am also ok if riders want to warm up or have dressage lessons inside, although jumping lessons will be outside. I am again going to attempt to have a nice hunter course built.

Speaking of hunter courses, we are planning to go for the hunters only at Heads-Up this weekend, so let me know if you want to attend. In theory entries are due today, but hoping Lara will let me drop entries off on Wednesday.

It is still going to be hot by the weekend, but hopefully the hunter classes will go early enough to beat the worst of it.

Speaking of hot, I should warn up...I may teach in shorts this week....my legs are blindingly white, so hopefully will not spook horses!

I have already gotten a ripping good farmer's tan, so now working on a professor's tan (sock tan line). Rob is such a lucky man!

karen

No comments: