Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why did I wait until 4:30 on the hottest day of the year to build a jump course outside? And why was I wearing black full seat breeches? Really not thinking this out. At least there is a breeze and not too much sun, but I forgot how much heavier the wood standards and longer poles are vs the indoor equipment!

So that is why there are only 4 jumps set up...

I have also left the dressage ring set up for anyone who wants to practice in a full size ring with all the letters set up. Laureen rode through CADORA test B, and it rode well. We were going to ride test C, but I can't make sense of the "half circle between K and F returning to the track at H". A few ways to interpret that, so we will not be doing that test and will try test A and D instead...test A reads weird as there are difficult sounding canter circles, but no trot circles. Test D seems ok, but again, sometimes they read differently than they ride.

I would like to sort out which tests we like so we can enter the Maple leaf show asap to ensure a good time!

Karen

No comments: