Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Delaney Vet services Open House was fun! Rob and I went around 2:20, and Amanda was already there. They had live music, a tonne of door prizes, and lots of food. Hopefully one of us won something in the draw.

One of Lana's clients brought their mini ponies over for the afternoon, and I got to drive a team called Governer and General. It was pretty cool as I have always been afraid to try driving after witnessing my sister try to drive my arab mare Coro Dana way back when...it ended with a cut up horse and a destroyed wagon. The mini's felt pretty safe, and it was so easy to see over them and to see their back and neck so I didn't feel as distanced from them as I am sure I would have felt had they been big horses with me staring at their bums.

We also spent time with their mini Donkey...so cute!

I figure inteading of becoming a Western and Dressage barn so I don't have to move jumps... we can become a mini horse barn....still no jumps to move, they eat less food, we can fit 4 to a stall, and they are so darn cute!

Speaking of cute animals...the neighbours found a Peacock on their property...anyone missing a Peacock?

Rob was then out on the tractor working on levelling the new sand in the outdoor. Yippy! Thanks honey! Next on the list is more jump standards.

We also made the "move" and shuffled the geldings around today. S'Argent and Hans were having fun running together, but Diesel seems to so far hate Hans. Maybe he feels threatened a he is by far the shortest in the paddock? Hans is a big boy! S'Argent did seem to miss Dexter though.

Magnus seems happy with his move; he was hanging out with YJ and running all over, but then when I put Dexter out too, he attatched himself to Dexter. I think they should practice for Pas a Deux when Mags is older...they are pretty well matched as long as Mags doesn't grow too much taller, although Dexter is thicker with a much bigger head. Dexter though seemed more facinated by YJ than by Magnus. Actually all the horses on that side seemed facinated by YJ's colouring. YJ for his part just seemed to want to be back with Ri.

Ri, Tonka, Chance, and Sunny loved being out on grass for a few hours. In fact they hardly moved from the gate in the time they were out there. Amanda was worried Ri wouldn't want to come in, but he was the first one to come to the gate when I went out. Perhaps grazing was too much work for him?

Karen

No comments: